Will be posting my thoughts through the game here.
- Missed the opening kickoff as I was still making my pizza run. I’m hearing that Christina Aguilera botched the anthem? Earlier today I took the Packers to win 20-13.
- Good call by the Packers in deferring to the 2nd half. No sense in throwing out a QB who hasn’t been here before right into the fire.
- That Doritos/dog commercial was pretty good.
- That Dodge truck commercial was not.
- What was Audi trying to do there?
- Touchdown Aaron Rodgers! So much for those nerves. 6-10 for 87 yards and a TD is a good start to your first Super Bowl
- Saw that Doritos commercial with the magical powers last night on the NFL Network show. Not bad.
- Ok, that Kia Optima time travel commercial was great
- Pick 6 from Ben Roethlisberger! Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy. Don’t know about the penalty call though. I know it against the rules but I’m sure the Packers will take it. Friend of the blog Razor said it best.
“No Fun League strikes again. The dude scored a touchdown at the Super Bowl, let him celebrate”
- What did that “Reply All” commercial have to do with Bridgestone tires?
- Nice run from Ben Roethlisberger on that 3rd and long.
“Big Ben just ran like the Milledgeville PD was after him” –Freelanceerik
- Fact: I am sick and tired of “Empire State of Mind“
- Much needed field goal for the Steelers there.
- Definitely will be watching Transformers 3.
- How do you that your $3 million investment was worth it? Kia Optima, Pepsi Max and Brisk are trending in the worldwide on twitter.
- Points right there would have been huge for the Packers in response to the Steelers FG. Still well in control though and Rodgers has looked good.
- Disappointing Coke commercial
- Dear Fox, no one cares how good you think Roethlisberger is.
- That Career Builder/Monkeys commercial was brilliant
- Another INT for Roethlisberger = a happy me
- When I predicted 20-13 earlier today I clearly meant to say 40-13!
- I like rooting against Roethlisberger but can we get a close game please?
- Great drive from the Steelers there. They definitely needed the TD with the Packers getting the ball first in the 2nd half. 21-10 Packers.
- Here is the botched anthem from earlier.
- “Empire State of Mind” again? C’mon people. That actually reminds of a brutal thing they did at Rutgers Stadium. “RU State of Mind“.
- From Fox’s halftime show. No team has won the Super Bowl when being down by more then 10 at the half.
- Whoa. Charles Woodson out for the game?
- Steelers were down 18 points earlier in the game. According to sbnation the biggest comeback in Super Bowl history was 10 points.
- You CAN NOT drop a big play opportunity like that.
- Figures. Packers miss big play opportunity on last drive and the Steelers come back to score. We have a ballgame. 21-17.
- According to Trey Wingo of ESPN, no team with a pick 6 has ever lost a Super Bowl.
- What was Aaron Rodgers doing there? It looked like he had time there.
- That Groupon commercial was horrendous but that Coke border guards one was fantastic.
- Great defensive drive for the Packers there. First Matthews get the tip and then the sack.
- Why are the Steelers attempting a 52 yard FG in the 3rd quarter? Kick was way off
- Why is Eminem all over the place today?
- Yikes, Packers have 17 offensive yards and 30 penalty yards this quarter.
- Now Driver is out of the game?
- Stupid penalty on that punt return. Control you temper, this is the Super Bowl
- Great call by Mike Tomlin there forcing the Packers to punt again.
- Here is the Chrysler “Imported from Detroit” ad starring Eminem. It is 2 minutes long.
- That NFL commercial with classic TV shows was fantastic but how is Alf a Carolina Panthers fan?
- Big fumble!
- How many of those Aaron Rodgers incomplete passes have actually been drops?
- You can watch all of the Super Bowl commercials on YouTube moments after they air
- Big drive for the Packers. Absolutely needed that TD.
- Great audio from Fox. Show someone on Packers sideline telling Matthews to basically take over the game and he goes out and causes fumble on that drive
- Random observation from every Super Bowl. Most of these commercials don’t make want to buy these products at all.
- Steelers come right back with a score of their own. Great throw from Roethlisberger
- It ended up working but I don’t know if I would’ve gone for two there
- I don’t watch House but that parody of the Mean Joe Green Coke ad was fantastic
- Really should have got a TD there once Polamalu tripped. I will be really angry if Steelers win by one here.
- Green Bay Packers win the Super Bowl. Favre haters rejoice!
- Aaron Rodgers has as many Super Bowl rings as Brett Favre. Now that is fantastic. I’m honestly surprised that Favre has been quiet these 2 weeks.
Only one other game in NFL history ended with a 31-25 final score. The Philadelphia Eagles defeated the Pittsburgh Steelers by that score on September 28, 1952. It was also the first NFL Championship decided by exactly six points since 1958, when the Baltimore Colts defeated the New York Giants, 23-17 in overtime.
Aaron Rodgers threw for 304 yards and three touchdowns. He’s the fourth quarterback to throw for at least 300 yards, with at least three touchdowns in a Super Bowl, joining Joe Montana, Steve Young, and Jake Delhomme.
The Packers had 13 rushing attempts, tied with the Rams (Super Bowl XXXIV) for fewest by a Super Bowl winner. The Rams and Packers also rank 1-2 in fewest yards rushing by a Super Bowl winner. The Packers 50 yards were 21 more than those Rams.
Nick Collins 37-yard interception return for a touchdown made this the third straight Super Bowl (and the seventh in the last 11) in which an interception was returned for a score. The Packers kept alive a historic streak. Teams that return an interception for a touchdown in the Super Bowl are now 11-0.
As always you can leave a comment here, reach me by e-mail or